Tuesday, August 18, 2009

#20 Twitter

I'm going out of order because I have a little time at work and it's easier to look at Twitter than a Podcast.

I found the twitter search engine to be very easy to use. I searched for "quilting" and came up with a wide array of topics ranging from store ads, quilting techniques, photos and advice about how to set up a machine quilting business. It does seem that there is something for everyone to look at on Twitter.

The Trending topics went heavily toward movies or other entertainment issues. Which makes sense since this is what friends talk about when they get together.

The nifty queries searching function was also interesting. You can narrow it by location, key words, time or even whether the tweets have a position attitude. I imagine that would be helpful if you loved a movie and want to discuss it with others. You don't want to talk to people who hated it.

I doubt I would use Twitter. I like to write and I appreciate grammar and complete sentences. I doubt I would feel the need to discuss movies with strangers online. However, I do see that appeal because it is so easy to use and search.

No comments:

Post a Comment