Sunday, August 23, 2009

#18 Podcasts

This was a helpful exercise for me. For some reason, I always associated Podcasts only with audio presentations, but video. This taught me that either can be a podcast. I looked at Podcast.com, which says it has 85,000 podcasts at present. I did find it interesting that their recommended podcasts are all about the economy or politics, while the most popular ones are about sports, such as ESPN. I chose to look at food podcasts. There are over 2400 of them. It was easy to search. It was interesting that the top ten or so were all from California, most of them from newspapers in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Pasadena. I chose to subscribe to a podcast called "In the Kitchen." They're write up said "If you love cooking, fun family meals and making mouth-watering desserts, then In The Kitchen is for you. We bring our magazine’s test kitchen to you with recipes, cooking tips and information that will help make mealtime easier for you."

I also liked that it was last updated more than a week ago, so I will get some recipes but won't be overwhelmed by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment